Friday, July 4, 2014

Summer of Untrieds Day 4: Red, White & Blue

Good morning all!  Happy 4th of July to all my fellow Americans, hope you have a wonderful day full of BBQ, boating, hiking, camping, beaching, swimming, tanning, gambling, traveling, watching fireworks or doing whatever it is you do to celebrate our nations independence.  I am enjoying time with my family and visiting Mickey Mouse.  I'm also meeting up with my little brother for dinner because today happens to be his birthday (yay fireworks for him every year)!   Of course I have patriotic nails on and what a coincidence, Day 4 of Summer of Untrieds (#summerofuntrieds) is Red, White and Blue!  I have on 3 untrieds in this mani, yay me!  But this post is also a twofer and is part of a linked post with other bloggers who did Independence Day manis!  Hope you enjoy your day and my mani!  

I started this festive mani out with 2 coats of Sheswai Honeyfox on my index and thumb nails.  Holy heck this red is one shiny and juicy beauty!  Honeyfox had an absolutely fantastic formula.  Now I want to buy all the Sheswai (damn, untried challenge is about to backfire on me as I buy all the Sheswai).  I used Sally Hansen Fuzzy Coat Tight Knit, a tiny bar glitter topper full of matte white and royal blue bars.  I used 2 coats of Tight Knit.  I am personally a fan bar glitters, they are so fun and look neat and take on the important role of the stripes in this mani.  Moving on, I use Smitten Polish Nimbus on my middle and pinky nails.  Nimbus is my favorite "white" holo because it has so little grey in it, it actually does show up as white.  Perfect formula and application on Nimbus.  Lastly, on my ring fingers, I used 2 coats of Zoya Sunshine, a navy blue texture polish and topped it with hand drawn stars using OPI Solitaire.  I used topcoat on all but the textured nails.  And phew...done!  












Pin It
Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment