Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Summer of Untrieds Day 23: Microglitter

Good morning!  I'm back on track with a morning post for you to enjoy over your cup of coffee - coffee cheers.  Day 23 of the Summer of Untrieds challenge is Micro Glitter.  I have a love/hate relationship with this finish.  I love how pretty and sparkly the teeny tiny little glitters are, I hate how insane they are to get off.  I always end up with glitter everywhere and it never wants to come off.  So clean up and removal is always a drag.  But not so much so that I vow off of micro glitters forever.  I mean how could I, take a look at this gorgeous gradient I did using 3 Model's Own micro glitters!  You can still join the challenge, 8 days left.  Just post your picture on Facebook or Instagram and use #summerofuntrieds, #julyuntriedchallenge or #wishesofablueeyedgirl.  

Aleighty, like I said I have a micro glitter gradient going on here.  I used 3 glitters from Model's Own: Juicy Jules (silver and at the top of my nail by the cuticles), Northern Lights (pink, on the middle) and Southern Lights (purple, on the bottom).  All 3 of these polishes were amazing and I want to try them alone.  Sponging the gradient on my nails was actually much easier than I'd expected as the glitter was nice and dense.  More so in Northern and Southern Lights, Juicy Jules was a but thinner.  Northern and Southern Lights also had slightly tinted bases, I'm not sure if that's from glitter bleeding or if they were always that way, I can't remember.  I sponged 2 coats on my nails and finished with 1 thick layer of topcoat. 





*shade*


Pin It
Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment