Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Summer of Untrieds Day 16: Flakie

Phew I had a whirlwind of a weekend in Las Vegas but now I need to get back on track and focus on my daily posts for the Summer Of Untrieds challenge a well as reviews I have piled up now!  So let's jump right in and take a look at Day 16 - flakie.  I'm not the biggest flakie fan, but I know there are those out there that love it more than any other polish finish.  I happen to prefer them with a matte topcoat becuase I think it shows the flakie effect off better so that's what I did!  If you want join in the untried challeng it's easy!  Just tag your Facebook or Instagram pictures with #summerofuntrieds, #julyuntriedchallenge or #wishesofablueeyedgirl.

For today's post I have on Barielle Elle's Spell.  This is a color shifting flakie in a red jelly base.  It does have a shiny finish upon application, but I don't think pictures capture the pretty flakie effect unless it's mattified.  I found the base pretty sheer and I ended up using 3 coats of Elle's Spell for full coverage but could have done with a 4th coat.  I then used 1 layer of Essie Matte About You on top.  






Pin It
Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment