Monday, April 28, 2014

The Lacquer Legion: Glam

Good morning!  I am excited to participate in The Lacquer Legion theme today, "Glam."  Glam means alot of things to me, all of them orbit around expensive, luxury items.  But I also think of Glam Rock.  As found in Wikipedia, Glam rock is "a style of rock and pop music that developed in the United Kingdom in the early 1970's, which was performed by singers and musicians who wore outrageous, clothes, makeup and hairstyles, particularly platform-soled boots and glitter."  And who better to use as my muse than David Bowie as Ziggy Stardust.  I sure do love that man, he's so iconic in music and fashion.  He was one of the main glam rock artists in that era and you can find pictures of him in some totally wild outfits.  But I went with what I feel is the most recognizable image of him during the glam rock period, face painted with a lightning bolt as Ziggy Stardust.  Did I mention that I love David Bowie?  Right, I did.  So let's check out my mani now!

You can participate in The Lacquer Legion's themes too!  Be sure to follow the Facebook and Instagram pages for info of upcoming themes and the proper hashtags to use!  Check out #llglam today to see what other bloggers came up with!

The Lacquer Legion: Facebook, Instagram

So here's my inspiration...


And here's my #llglam mani!  I used the following polishes: a-England Fonteyn, OPI 4 In The Morning, OPI Alpine Snow, China Glaze Riveting, Essie Naughty Nautical, Jordana The Artist and China Glaze Sexagon.  I went for rock & roll and bling!  I think it worked out well and I am very happy with end result.  




a-England Fonteyn

OPI 4 In The Morning

Ziggy Stardust nail

China Glaze Sexagon
Pin It
Instagram

8 comments:

  1. Yay for Ziggy Stardust twinsies!!! I love your mani!! Bowie fans unite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great inspiration! It turned out nice on the nails.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Ziggy Stardust inspiration. So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd recognize that lightning bolt anywhere! I used to have an entire wall dedicated to Bowie! I did a mani inspired by Let's Dance for the 31DC last year :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great inspiration and a very well done design!

    ReplyDelete