Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Superficially Colorful: Things I Love Collection

Good afternoon!  This post makes me happy, so very happy.  It's literally packed full of glitter and awesomeness.  All the polish in this post is from the new Superficially Colorful collection called Things I Love.  Jin was inspired by "bits and pieces of stories, jokes and funny moments with my (her) besties."  I love that she was inspired by her friends and I love them (the polishes) even more because I know what or who each one is referring to.  Each polish in this collection had a fabulous formula and applied with ease.  The majority are jelly based and they built up to great coverage on their own in 2-3 coats.  These micro glitters are smooth with topcoat.  The Things I Love Collection will be available on Friday, 4/18 at noon EST.  

Superficially Colorful: Shop, Facebook


Pickelfarts is a "deep berry pink holographic micro glitter in a berry jelly base."  Picklefarts is such a gorgeous color and so sparkly!  I used 2 coats and 1 layer of topcoat.






Make Me Up Beautiful is a "neon fuchsia micro glitter in a bright pink jelly base."   Make Me Up Beautiful was one of my favorites...I'm such a sucker for neon pink!  I used 2 coats and 1 layer of topcoat.  






And hullo loverly orange!  British Chocs is an "orange holographic glitter in orange jelly base."  This is another one of my favorites.  The color is so bright and saturated!  Orange makes me happy.  I used 2 coats of British Chocs and 1 layer of topcoat.  PS - Flake and Aero bars are my favorite British Chocs.  






Ok, third in a row but yes Yous Dearhearts is another one of my favorites.  I am a sucker for these golden yellow colors.  Yellow and I are simpatico.  Yous Dearhearts is a "holographic gold micro glitter and sparse golden hears in an amber jelly."  Seriously, this color is so beautiful.  I love the addition of the golden holo hearts.  I used 2 coats of Yous Dearhearts with 1 layer of topcoat.  






Moving on to the greens!  The Search Tempest is an "emerald green and holographic glitter in a medium green jelly base."  The Search Tempest just screams the Emerald City to me!  It's really stunning.  I used 3 coats of The Search Tempest and 1 layer of topcoat.






Next up is Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey...Stuff, a "peridot green micro glitter and silver holographic hexs in an acidic green jelly base."  I am a big fan of lime green and Wibbly Wobbly is a really awesome color!  The holo glitters really shine through brightly in Wibbly Wobbly!  I used 2 coats of Wibbly Wobbly and 1 layer of topcoat.  







I've Never Been Ginger is a "tardis blue and holographic glitter in a dark blue jelly base."  So many Dr. Who references!  I don't have the urge to watch the show (ducks from flying objects being thrown at me) but I do like this polish!  This fab blue was another color that really showed off the holo glitters.  I used 2 coats of I've Never Been Ginger and 1 layer of topcoat.  






Ok this one needs a little explanation.  Twitter Licker was created in reference to "those addicted lacquerheads like myself (Jin) who drool over the gorgeous manicures people post."  Twitter Licker is a gorgeous, shimmery aqua micro glitter with holo glitters in a very lightly tinted aqua base.  This one could actually be worn over a color because the base is so light.  I used 3 coats of Twitter Licker and 1 layer of topcoat.  







All The Purple In The World, a "purple holographic micro glitter in purple jelly base."  ATPITW really has a perfect jelly sandwich look.  I used 3 coats of ATPITW and 1 layer of topcoat.








On Hilly Grounds reminds me of coffee for some reason.  But I know it is not referring to that...it's a nod to an avid outdoors woman that Jin is friends with.  On Hilly Grounds is a scrumptious "chocolate brown holographic glitter and fun golden dots in a red-brown jelly base."  This color is so full bodied and rich.  It's really stunning!  I used 3 coats of On Hilly Grounds and 1 layer of topcoat.  







I've shared this one before but since it's part of the collection, here are some more pictures of Hot Italian Lady.  Hot Italian Lady is a "fiery red holographic glitter, golden stars and dots in a hot red jelly base."  This is one hot and spicy polish!  I used 2 coats and 1 layer of topcoat.  








And last but not least...Imaginary Narwhals.  Every collection needs silver glitter and Imaginary Narwhals answered that call perfectly!  This is a "silvery holographic micro glitter with occasional silver stars in a clear base."  Imaginary Narwhals is a regular base (not jelly finish) and can be worn alone in 3 coats or over a base color.  I like it alone because it really reminds me of that super hot nude/glitter suit that Brittney Spears wore a few years back at a music award show.  I used 3 coats of Imaginary Narwhals and 1 layer of topcoat.  






And here is a mani I created using 8 of the polishes from the My Favorite Things collection.  Glittery rainbows are so pretty! 

Pin It
Instagram

5 comments:

  1. I love how sparkly these all are in the sun. Great collection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are super pretty colors! I love how glittery they are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post and I love your mani at the end with all the polishes!!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many sparkly beauts, no wonder you have so many favorites! I love Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey Stuff, Pickelfarts, The Search Tempest, On Hilly Grounds and All The Purple In the World.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great swatches and i LOVE the rainbow mani! of course you know that already!

    ReplyDelete