Saturday, March 15, 2014

Glitter Week: Day 6, Lumina Lacquer

Good morning and welcome to day 6 of Glitter Week!  This might be my last post for this theme week because tonight is my oldest son's birthday party (he's turning 8!) and I just don't think I'll have time to swatch anything to show you tomorrow.  But at least I am leaving you with an awesome post full of absolutely stunning Lumina Lacquers!  I'm a big Lumina fan, I love everything Tatiana puts out!  Her glitters are completely packed full of glitter and the combinations are unique, interesting and fun!  On top of that her solid/holo colors are down right amazing.  Luminas are released in limited stock and some are only released a couple times before she moves on to another collection.  So if you see something you want pick it up right away or you'll pine over it later (which I am currently doing with 2 older ones that for the life of me I can't find). 

*some of the polishes in this post were gifts*

Lumina Lacquer: Shop, Facebook, Instagram

Nothing Compares 2U is from the Mixed Tape Collection.  This collection came out around Valentine's day and was full of pink, reds and a couple blue glitter bombs.  I was immediately drawn to Nothing Compared 2U because I adore the mix of pink and gold holo glitters.  It's a combination that works so well!  There are circles, hearts and hexs in here.  I found the formula and application of Nothing Compares 2U perfect.  I am always happy with the amount of glitter that I get out on each nail, it spread well and lays flat on my nails.  I used 2 coats of Nothing Compares 2U over 1 coat of Catrice Steel My Soul.  I finished with 1 layer of topcoat.  





Pinball Wizard is an LE from 2102 and is so awesome!  I really like matte and satin glitters and Pinball Wizard is totally full of them in a rainbow of colors.  There are loads of shapes in here - hearts, mini stars, diamonds, moons, circles, squares and hexs.  The formula and application of Pinball Wizard were both great.  I was able to get alot of glitter out but to fill in empty spaces I did a little dabbing.  I used 2 coats of Pinball Wizard over 2 coats of Kiko 337.  I finished with 1 layer of topcoat.  





Dreamlover is another polish from the recent Mixed Tape Collection.  Dreamlover is a gorgeous blend of hot pink matte stars, hearts, squares and hex glitters with iridescent glitters and blue shimmer!  The application and formula of Dreamlover were both fabulous.  Fabulous glitter payoff and the glitters spread easily on my nails.  I used 2 coats of Dreamlover over 2 coats of Sation Oh My Oceania.  I finished with 1 layer of topcoat.  





Crushing Candy is another of last years LE's and it's a bright and cheerful mix of matte rainbow glitters in circle and hex shapes.  I like that this mix of colors is great for anytime of year and really wold brighten up any day!  The formula and application of Crushing Candy were both great.  Tons of glitter came out and spread well on my nails.  I used 2 coats of Crushing Candy over 2 coats of Barry M Coral.  I finished with 1 layer of topcoat.  





Walking On Broken Glass is an LE that was recently released in a collection of microglitters.  Walking On Broken Glass has changed my opinion on micro glitters...I am now obsessed and will have to keep my eye out for any of the others from this collection on the polish sale boards!  Walking On Broken Glass is a beautiful blend of silver and blue micro glitters with a dash of holo shimmer.  The nice thing is that you can built this up on it's own in a couple coats or use 1 coat over a base color.  I chose to wear it alone and built it up to full coverage in 3 coats.  1 layer of topcoat smoothed it out.  Formula and application of Walking On Broken Glass were both great!




Pin It
Instagram

8 comments:

  1. I have a few Lumina Lacquers and I love them! My favorite so far is Nothing Compares 2 U. The glitter mix is absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have quite a big stash of Luminas and am not sure I could pick a favorite Melissa!

      Delete
  2. The matte glitters looks so good as well as the shiny ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like Pinball Wizard and Nothing Compares 2 U. The pink one is just too much pink going on and hurts my eyes. But those first two, oh yeah, I could see those coming home with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Cin! I love that one but I am a big fan of pink! All my Lumina glitters make me happy!

      Delete
  4. Amazing swatches and colour combos! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm drooling over Nothing Compares 2 U and Walking on Broken Glass, such stunners.

    ReplyDelete