Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Glitter Week, Day 3: Glimmer by Erica (part 2)

Hello!  It's a gorgeous day and I am preparing this post in my back yard while I soak up some warm sunshine.  I am officially ready for the Spring!  Today is day 3 of Glitter Week and I have the second part of the Glimmer by Erica post!  I hope you liked the ones you saw yesterday!  I know I enjoyed playing with the glitters and I have to say that the 6 featured in this post are my favorites (shhh don't tell the other ones).  So let's jump in and start looking at pictures!  Then if you want you can leave a comment and let me know which was your favorite from the 2 posts. 

Glimmer by Erica: Shop, Beauty So Fly, Facebook, Instagram

Vegas Baby!  I love it!  I pretty much love anything that refers to Vegas.  But this awesome mix of "silver holographic micro glitter, purple iridescent glitter, gold, pink, blue, purple and orange holographic glitter hexs and holographic glitter diamonds" is a big winner!  Formula and application were both fabulous!  I was more than happy with the amount of glitter I got on each nail.  I used 2 coats of Vegas Baby over 1 coat of Sinful Colors Black on Black.  I finished with 1 layer of topcoat.  





I have noticed a trend with Erica's glitters....they are bright, happy and cheerful!  Rainbow Star Sprinkles is an exceptional example of that!  Rainbow Star Sprinkles has "all seven colors of the rainbow plus a little extra sparkle with some rainbow holo."  I smile just looking at this polish.  Formula and application were both great and I was very please with the glitter payoff.  I used 2 coats of Rainbow Star Sprinkles over 2 coats of OPI I Just Can't Cope-acabana.  I finished with 1 layer of topcoat.  





Moving right along, here we have Muy Caliente!  Muy Caliente is a spicy blend of "red, orange and yellow glitters in a clear base."  Erica says it best, this polish is "hot hot hot!"  These are some of my favorite colors and I love seeing them together!  Formula and application of Muy Caliente were both great!  I had a pretty good glitter payoff, I could have gone for some more of the larger hexs, but it still looked great!  I used 2 coats of Muy Caliente over 2 coats of OPI Toucan Do It If You Try. I finished with 1 layer of topcoat.  





Beneath the Blue is so calming to look at after Muy Caliente.  Beneath the Blue is packed full of "greenish blue micro and fine glitter, aqua and navy hex glitters, and small light blue glitter in a clear base."  I had to put this over a blue base.  It reminds me of a sparkling pool or a tropical ocean.  I loved how sparkly this was as well.  Formula and application were both great.  Very happy with the amount of glitter that was on my nails.  I used 2 coats of Beneath the Blue over 2 coats of Zoya Rocky.  I finished with 1 layer of topcoat.  





Shrinking Violet is a lovely blend of "lavender holo micro glitter, purple hexs and violet hexs."  A purple glitter lovers dream!  I just had to do the tonal layering here again because I thought the darker shades of purple would look nice over a very light purple.  And it did!  Formula and application of Shrinking Violet were both great.  I used 2 coats of Shrinking Violet over 2 coats of OPI Rumples Wiggin'.  I finished with 1 layer of topcoat.  





And finally we have Drama Queen.  I know I can be one at times (or most of the time).  Drama Queen is a mix of "red, red holographic, teal holographic, and blue glitters."  This color combination is beautiful but I find it hard to match to a base.  So you can always do nude, white or black.  I went with nude.  I was happy with both the formula and application of Drama Queen.  It's really packed full of glitter and it's very sparkly.  I used 2 coats of Drama Queen over 2 coats of Zoya Chantal.  I finished with 1 layer of topcoat.




Pin It
Instagram

3 comments:

  1. What fun glitters! Love the base colors you paired with them too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were very fun to play with! And they are a top choice for Naomi when I paint her nails. :)

      Delete