Friday, August 3, 2012

Coral Glam + Clown Puke

I am going on a no-buy month for August.  I've decided to use as many untrieds from my stash as I can.  I have too many - almost as many as I have tried and stored away in my helmer.  It's just so hard to not buy them when they are all so pretty!  I do have 3 scheduled purchases and items arranged from July that won't count since they were previous comittments.  But I have been doing great - day 3, no purchases.  I almost faltered in Target today when I saw the new Fall Nicole by OPI collection!  There are 2 colors that slightly remind me of the Mish Mash line from Ozotic.  For Gold Times Sake particularly called to me.  I even swatched the two on my nail.  I carried them around for a brief time then quickly put them back.  Oye that was hard.  STICK TO MY GUNS!!!

Anywho enough of the sad no-buy talk - here are 2 untried polishes that I wanted to show some la-la-love.  Layla Coral Glam and KBShimmer Clown Puke.  

I went all bonkers for the Layla Hologram Effects when they first came out and got almost all of them.  I love holos, what can I say.  Coral glam seemed like an interesting color - not pink, not champagne, slightly coral, kind of peach, so full of holo goodness that I couldn't pass up on it.  I am really happy to say CG was very easy to apply.  Not like Flash Black with it's streaky and patchy issues.  I did use 3 coats because it was very sheer and I was trying to cover the nail line.  I only used 1 coat on my ring finger because I wanted that to be my glitter accent.  I did not use a topcoat.  

On my ring finger I chose KBShimmer Clown Puke as an accent glitter.  I used 1 coat of CG, but should have used 2 - sorry you can see my lovely yellow nail stainage under the glitter.  I bought Clown Puke #1 for the name and #2 because I love multi-colored glitter bombs.  Honestly - there is so much awesome glitter in CP that I am not even going to begin to describe what's in the mix.  Lets just say it's a rainbow in a bottle.  Full of sizes that range from micro to extra large and in a wide variety of shapes.  I used 3 coats of CP and I think I could have used 1 more to get full coverage.  But I was worried about removal and decided to stop.  I didn't have to dig for glitter, but I think the nail would be covered more easily with a wider brush.  I used a coat of Gelous (YES!  I got a bottle - and NO buying top/base coats do not count against my no-buy).  

So what do you think of my declared no-buy?  Think I will stick to it?  Do you like this combination..holo and glitter?






Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Coral Glam looks amazing on you!!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I just got Coral Glam in this week from a blog sale. I'm on a no buy also as I have some dental work coming up this month and who knows how much that will end up costing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so nice meeting you today! Email me and I'd love to have you give me some feedback on my franken polishes. I wouldn't think it'd be braking your no buy, if you just happen to come into some polishes. I am an enabler, what can I say *wink.* I am on a no buy until I wear the Chanels, then I will get a couple of Diors. What color do you recommend?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to review your polish! Each one was very fun - great names! I heard my sister already contacted you for a large bottle of Jamie. She alwaays has trouble finding things with her name spelled correctly. She was very happy with the name and the pretty polish! As for Diors, you really can't go wrong with any color - the formula is amazing! NIrvana seems popular for blues, Purple Mix is really beautiful as well!

      Delete