Monday, May 14, 2012

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Nail Art Contest


I am entering a nail art contest.  It's my first ever.  It's also my first attempt at nail art, ever.  The contest was put on my Dee at Rainbow Honey - have you seen her polishes?  They are stunning!  

The theme is My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.  Isn't that cute?  I've always loved My Little Pony…they made me want a pony.  But tell me a little girl who didn't want to own a pretty pony growing up?  I don't think you can.   Since I have only boys who are of age to play with such toys, I had to enlist the help of my bestie and her daughter Izzy.  They took pictures of Izzy's MLP's and sent them to me.  I really liked the "brand" on the ponies rear end and how animated, yet pretty the eyes are.  So I decided to capture both of those things on my nails.  Then because they are horses I did a good luck horseshoe on my pinky.  Fun glitter on my remaining two nails finished off the mani.  

I hope you like it…remember, it's my first attempt at art.  My hand was steadier than I thought it would be and the nail art polish was also easier to use than I had imagined.  

White base - Orly Au Champagne
Purple glitter/hearts - Jordana Lilac Hearts
Blue glitter - Julep Portia
Black holo glitter - Jordana The Artist
Pink heart - Hits Afrodite
Blue in the eye - Sinful Colors Cinderella


 





Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment